Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Recommended Book

So, I've been reading a book that I want to recommend to those who have a fascination with dead bodies. If you've ever wanted to know how long it takes for a human body to decompose, or how surgeons learn their craft, how cadavers have been used in medicines over the centuries, etc., this is the book for you. It's called Stiff, written by Mary Roach. I, personally, found it entertaining and fascinating.

8 comments:

  1. Have you seen or heard of the body works exhibit? I have the DVD, I can mail it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE it!
    So, what do you think of my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live alone and cannot have any of this type of reading material laying around, or I will not sleep.

    Great, now I'm going to be envisioning skinless monsters crowding around my bed to watch me sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog, its my new thing to do at night. Can I put in a request, sometimes I log in and there is nothing new and it is a let down. This applies to kady and kasey also. I realize that you may get into a writing mode and put in a bunch in one night and then don't have anything for a few days, but if you could try and share something every day that would really be nice. If not, just know that I look every day longingly. Kelly said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karley, I feel just like you, this is my new entertainment for the winter. The only difference is I am old enough to have a martini while I sit in my cozy chair reading these blogs. It is my new favorite thing to do. You could have your wicked stepmother make you some hot chocolate while you're blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keri, I just so happen to make my adorable step child Mom's hot chocolate every winter, with marshmallows. And then I whip her..... up some cookies to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. KELLY that was funny.

    Now, only mom Kelly and Keri don't have blogs and they need to start them soon, and where is Karley's blog?

    People? This is probably a good way to get our book started because we can collect all the stories together, it will be easy from all the bloggin'


    P.s. one day I asked mom what she was doing, and she said, "Bloggin". But she doesn't have a blog so I'm like "what?". Turns out she was reading Rosie O'Donnell's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosie is getting a new variety show soon.

    ReplyDelete